Gracious Site Code of Conduct
At Pondigo, we endeavor to engender respect and courtesy in our online dating environment. After all, you’re looking for a partner – someone with whom you’ll share mutual respect. So, shouldn’t everyone be showing each other the same respect you’d want shown to you?
We believe that a polite response, even if you are not interested, demonstrates a fundamental courtesy and respect for another’s “putting him/herself on the line” to reach out to you. Online anonymity is not an excuse for rudeness.
With that in mind, each member receives a “courtesy rating” based empirically on whether or not you respond promptly to any initial emails you receive. A polite “no thank you” is just as good for rating purposes as a quick or elaborate response, particularly if made within three days of receiving an overture.
We encourage everyone to obtain the highest courtesy rating possible and develop a community based on mutual respect and a mutual search for compatibility.
Additionally, in following our “Gracious Site” Code of Conduct, you agree not to post any material that:
- is patently offensive to our online community, such as information or content that promotes racism, sexism, homophobia, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- is intended to or tends to harass, annoy, threaten or intimidate any other users of our website or our services;
- is false, misleading, defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
- contains images, photographs, audio or video of another person without first obtaining their permission;
- promotes or solicits involvement in or support of a political party or platform, religion, cult or sect;
- promotes or enables illegal or unlawful activities, such as instructions on how to make or buy illegal weapons or drugs, violate someone’s privacy, harm or harass another person, commit identity theft or create or disseminate computer viruses;
- contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, worms or other harmful, disruptive or malicious codes, components or devices;
- exploits persons under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- disseminates another person’s personal information without permission, or collects or solicits personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- is intended to defraud, swindle or deceive other users of our services;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”; or
- is otherwise off-topic, meaningless or otherwise intended to annoy or interfere with others’ use and enjoyment of our website and our services.